Sickle Cell Disease Eradication Initiative inaugurated its community volunteer focal persons on Wednesday 22nd September, 2021. However, the appointees were charged with the following guidelines:
- The community focal person under the directives of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), identifies problems, plans, coordinates, facilitates all project activities and reports periodically on the progress of the project and guides problem solving on SCD issues within his/her catchment area.
- To coordinate SCDEI volunteers at wards level.
- To collect field data on Sickle Cell Disease (SCD).
- To create awareness and enhance community outreach activities.
- To support in community mobilization for SCD Eradication programs.